Work with us
Updated May 2021
We're hiring! If you're interested in working with us, send your resume to email@example.com.
Retail Sales Associate
We are looking to hire a part-time retail sales associate for our growing children's resale business! We offer a close-knit, fun working environment and are looking for someone who enjoys interacting with customers, coworkers, and the public. The position will require approximately 15-20 hours per week. Candidates should be available for a full day on Saturdays (10am-6pm) and two additional 4-5 hour weekday shifts (flexible on which days). The work will be done on-site at our retail store in Easton, Massachusetts. We are strictly adhering to COVID-19 guidelines inside the store to ensure staff and customer safety.
- Provide outstanding customer service with a positive, professional attitude.
- Greet and interact with customers and consignors. Help customers shop, as requested.
- Check customers out; run and reconcile register.
- Inspect incoming inventory to ensure it meets our standards for resale.
- Steam, document, and tag clothing and other items and put out on sales floor.
- Photograph items and edit photos to post on our online store.
- Update items' description on inventory management software.
- Create posts and respond to customer inquiries on social media.
- Assist with store merchandising (organizing racks, putting together displays, etc.).
- Maintain a neat and clean environment for the best shopping experience.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent merchandising skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Customer service experience in a retail environment is a plus.
- Interest in fashion, children, resale, sustainability, and/or ecommerce is a plus.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
About Merry Go Rounds:
Merry Go Rounds is a children’s resale business based in Easton, MA that makes shopping for kids more sustainable, affordable, and fun. We sell curated, high-quality new and used kids' clothing, toys, books, and gifts through an online store, virtual personal shopping, a brick-and-mortar shop, and a subscription box service. Our mission is to improve the experience of shopping secondhand, change people’s perception of resale, and reduce the environmental impact of children's goods.
Merry Go Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.